Friday, August 7, 2015

You can fly on...

Soul Wings

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”
Rumi

I've spent the last week huffing containers of fabric up the stairs, putting together a shelving unit to hold all that fabric, and hauling eight large boxes to a homeless shelter thrift store. I am reclaiming my sewing room. And furthermore, I have an appointment at the Hand Therapy Clinic at the university hospital here. It takes me forever to make a decision for myself, but once I do, I put my shoulder to the plow and do it.

I have decided to work only four hours per day, and use the rest of the time for my creative life. I'm no Picasso, but it doesn't matter. I want to do this whether anyone else ever sees it, or buys it. There is a river in my soul that's banked up, and the dam's about to break. I wonder whether you feel that river Rumi wrote about moving in you, too.

So many people tell me there is something they dream of doing when they have time; something they've always wanted to do, but haven't. I've said that way too often myself. We always think there will be time later—when we don't have to do this or that, there will be time. But, let me tell you, time runs out. People die with that river dried up to nothing but cracked earth. If there is a yearning in your soul, make time for it now.

“Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” (Rumi)  Your soul has wings. Let it fly.

                                                                  In the Spirit,

                                                                       Jane

No comments: