Saturday, February 18, 2012

Making Moments

Milestones

“Life isn’t a matter of milestones, but of moments.” Rose Kennedy

Yesterday was a milestone for me. It marked the 365th day of writing this blog. One year. My original idea was to create a reading for each day and eventually turn it into a book, but the blog, as writing always does, has taken on a life of its own. I will continue to log in every day, not because I have some great wisdom to share with the world, but because it has become my spiritual discipline, my way of checking in with my self each morning before the events of the day carry me away. If you are a reader, and have received some kind of benefit from it, then so much the better. I want to continue to make the blog more interactive and to encourage you to give me feedback; not only encouragement, but if you have topics or questions you would like me to consider, I would love to have them. You can send them to me via email (jmp8465@gmail.com) or leave them in the comment section at the bottom of each posting.

Today, I am traveling with my girl-cousin, Sandy, down to Biloxi, Mississippi. We have never been there, so it will be an adventure. The Gulf Coast is in the midst of Mardi Gras, so we will no doubt see some revelry and devilment. We will partake of a little of both and I will share with you those parts that seem most “spirit-filled.” Amen, sister.

I can’t thank you enough for the support I have received for my writing. When I look at the stats and see that even one person in Singapore or Ukraine, or somewhere else I never imagined has logged on, I am humbled and inspired to continue. So, here’s to another year…and to Fat Tuesday!

In gratitude,
Jane